Selling > Ten Reasons You Need a Realtor When Selling
Don't try to do it yourself. Rely on a professional!
1. I can sell your house for more money! According to the 2010 National Association of REALTORS Profile of Homebuyers and Sellers, the median FSBO (For Sale By Owner) home sold for $140,000, compared to $199,300 for a sales agent assisted home. This means that even if FSBOs pay a 7% for commission, they will still realize $45,349!
2. I understand how to complete the many contracts, forms and disclosure statements required in a real estate transaction. These forms include lead paint disclosure statement, property condition disclosure statement, purchase contract, legal description of the property, contingency clause addendum, and many more.
3. I do this full time. I do NOT just go into the office for a couple of hours and then hit the golf course. My phone is never off so I can answer all your questions. If a prequalifed buyer calls and wants to see your house I will do everything to accommodate them and you.
4. I have the market knowledge to price your home competitively. Sure, you may know what one or two homes in your area sold for, but you may not have access to the wide number of comps I do or the market knowledge to adjust pricing. According to the 2010 National Association of REALTORS Profile of Homebuyers and Sellers, setting the right price was the biggest problem FSBOs had in selling their home.
5. I can handle criticism of the house and focus on how well the home suits a buyers needs. All homeowners including myself are emotionally attached to their homes and will emphasize the features they consider most desirable during a showing. However as a trained professional, I am more attuned to a buyers' needs and able to highlight the home's features that have the most appeal to each buyer. According to the 2010 National Association of REALTORS Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers, Preparing or fixing up the home for sale was the second most difficult task for FSBOs. I can help you with that.
6. I can assess a buyer's ability to afford the property and help them locate the best places to obtain financing. Often buyers, especially inexperienced ones, rely on the real estate agent to help guide them through the mortgage process. I also have the tools to prequalify buyers so no one wastes any time on buyers that make offers on homes that they can't afford.
7. I know how to negotiate and overcome objections. I am well versed in balancing offers and counteroffers, as well as handling many of the contingencies that usually accompany real estate transaction.
8. I can get the transaction closed. Many FSBOs think that once the purchase agreement is signed, their work is over. Well it's NOT! Before closing depending on the type of financing the buyer has, the FSBO may need a home inspection, termite inspection, title insurance, mortgage insurance, survey, appraiser, set up escrow account, radon inspection, ect.
9. I do more than just use signs in your yard to market your home. Your home will be on three of the top four broker websites in Nebraska, the topic of discussion at weekly sales meetings in my office, e-mailed other Realtors, and more. Other agents through the MLS (Multiple Listing Service) will view it for their buyers, I will conduct open houses with your permission, just to name a few marketing strategies.
10. I have insurance. If I make a mistake I have what is called Errors and Omissions insurance. What would happen if you made a mistake?